25 Things You Don’t Know About Me…
1. I think the world would be a much happier place if everyone would eat like I do. I mean, come on…how can you NOT be happy if everything you eat is covered in frosting and/or sprinkles?
2. I am so competitive and simultaneously so dysfunctional when it comes to watching my daughter struggle, that I actually caught myself trying to help her cheat on her eye exam.
3. My dirty little secret is that I’m addicted to sappy 70’s/80’s love songs. Yes, I am the one crying on the 405 while belting out Eric Carmen’s classic, All By Myself.
4. I may have a master’s degree in spiritual psychology, but the words that bring my soul the most joy are still, “Welcome to Burger King. Can I take your order?” Namaste.
5. I always feel like something big is just around the corner…I really do.
6. With all due respect to my friends who are cat owners, I am not a fan of the species in general. They are too independent for my liking. I need the co-dependency that only a dog can offer.
7. I am very grateful for the life I’ve created.
8. I over react to small things and under react to huge things…Great to have around when you’re experiencing chest pains – not so much fun when the waitress tells me they are out of the brownie sundae.
9. I am convinced that my dog is actually stuffed with Tempur-pedic foam. When I wake up in the morning, he has completely conformed to the shape of my body.
10. I am an out of the closet air drummer.
11. I am also out of the closet regarding my love of Bon Jovi and other Jersey hair bands of the 80’s.
12. I still have aol but, hey…in the words of Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, “I’ma take your grandma’s style!”
13. I am terrified of the Wicked Witch of the West in the Wizard of Oz. TERRIFIED!
14. On a recent road trip with my daughter, I voted Adam Levine as the celebrity I would most like to wrestle. I think his underarms would smell nice.
15. I have never eaten the following: (this is only a partial list) – broccoli, cauliflower, hummus, pears, beets, a knish (just think that’s a funny word – but also have never tried one) most items on a sushi menu…I could go on all night – but you get the idea.
16. I have almost no practical life skills so please – eat me first if we are stranded on an island. With all the preservatives and red dye number 6 in me – I should be quite a tasty treat!
17. People with any kind of Asian accent give me an inexplicable internal tickle. I could listen to them speak forever.
18. Finding the time to meditate totally stresses me out…Hmmm
19. If I could have any one super power it would be teleportation. I keep asking my friends who work for Aerospace where we are with that…they always falsely assume I am joking.
20. I still find myself quoting Seinfeld episodes more than 15 years after the fact. Why, just the other night “I dipped, I took a chip, and then, I dipped again!”
21. We recently adopted a pug named CeeLo. Before you judge, just try to deny the resemblance.
22. Turns out, I’m a bit over-animated when playing charades…sorry to those of you who have found out the hard way.
23. I am dedicated to becoming a better person today than I was yesterday. Fortunately, the bar has been set fairly low.
24. I never knew bats were real until I went to grad school for acting and saw one in a rehearsal hall. I honestly thought they were fictional – like vampires. Wait…vampires aren’t real too, are they?
25. I may or may not exaggerate slightly when telling a story. While I will admit to enjoying dramatic effect…I did, in fact, break my knee while projectile vomiting on a small Cuban woman. Can’t make that up that kind of gold.